I think I have indigestion...But it's kept me from eating for the last 2 days and is not easing. I'm a fitness instructor so no food = no good. Help!?

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: See your MD

You might need to see a gastroenterologist (gi doctor).
You might try to shift to water and clear liquids - not protein drinks, etc. Pedialyte, gatorade, etc ok with water. Also, soup broth, jello. Plain baked or boiled chicken and white rice are also pretty bland. But, a little at a time. You are retraining your gut. Also, sleep a lot, if you can. May need to take a couple days off to get well.

In brief: See your MD

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. James Henning
Anesthesiology

In brief: Let's See...

Being unable to eat anything for 2 days because of "indigestion" (i assume this is your description of a painful sensation in your upper abdomen) is problematic and warrants a closer look.
Many people experience a "hyperacidity" that disrupts sleep and causes a sour taste. But, an inability to eat anything sounds more concerning. How about a visit to your pcp? I'd advise this.

In brief: Let's See...

Dr. James Henning
Dr. James Henning
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine