My husband has RA he has some abseset teeth. The whole right side of his face is swellon. Would the antibotic bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) ds 800/160 help with his absest.?

See a dentist. Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) is not the first choice to treat dental abscess, and it is unwise to take antibiotics unless prescribed by a doctor. Take your husband to a dentist today as facial swelling is dangerous! they can advise on the correct antibiotic. The abscess will not fully go away with just antibiotics. The infected teeth need to be treated to eliminate the source of infection.
Abcess. The best treatment for abscess is to be drained surgically. For any oral infection one of the best antibiotics is penicillin., talk to a dentist.