I have dull pain in back and inside my left shoulder. Pain degree varies daily. What can this be?

Dr. Jennifer Tucker
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Referred pain
There are several etiologies for back and shoulder pain.
Cervical and thoracic degenerative or steno tic disease can refer pain to your shoulder. Rotator cuff injuries can cause muscle strain resulting in neck and back pain. I would recommend an evaluation by an orthopaedic surgeon.

In brief: Referred pain
Dr. Jennifer Tucker
Dr. Jennifer Tucker
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Many possibilities
There are a number of possible causes to back and shoulder pain.
Some of these include issues related to muscles, tendons, ligaments, bone, cartilage, and even intestinal, lung or heart issues. Having your physician obtain your history of this pain, and a thorough examination of you will narrow down the possible causes.

In brief: Many possibilities
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Vikram Patel