Can small ileus be mistaken for hiatal herna?

Different problems. A hiatal hernia is when part of the stomach squeezes up into the chest area through a weak spot in the sheet of muscle (the diaphragm) that separates the chest from the abdomen. A hiatal hernia should not resemble an ileus, which is not a part of the body, but is a condition in which the intestines are very quiet and not moving. With an ilieus, the stomach won't empty and the person will vomit.
Not Likely. I'm assuming you mean small bowel ileus and it should not be mistaken for a hiatal hernia as they are not similar.
No. Ileus is slowing of the intestines' function; a hiatal hernia is an abnormally large opening allowing the esophagus to pass from the chest into the abdomen. These are two completely distinct entitites.