Once in a while my chest will hurt and it'll hurt my ribs and ir hurts for a couple seconds or a min?

In brief: Pleural brief pain?

Chest pains should be evaluated by a doctor because sometimes they are heart pains, and would be serious.
A person can make a diary of his symptoms to take to the doctor. The diary is a calendar describing when pains occur, how long they last, how they feel, which part of the chest hurts, what stops pain, what medicine was taken, any relation to exercise or other activities, what was eaten, etc...

In brief: Pleural brief pain?

Dr. Mark Pack