Breathless when I go to take a shower?

Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Depends on duration
Have you had this all your life, or just recently? Is it associated with a different place to shower? Do you wheeze? Do you get dizzy? Do you get chest pain? Best to ask your doctor to check you out.

In brief: Depends on duration
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Thomas Klein
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Asthma or CHF
Asthma or even congestive heart failure (CHF) may explain shortness of breath (sob) when showering.
I will assume that there are no hives on your body when you shower because a rare disease involves cold or heat induced hives and anaphylaxis which could cause sob. I recommend you get a breathing test and maybe an ekg to check on your lungs and heart.

In brief: Asthma or CHF
Dr. Thomas Klein
Dr. Thomas Klein
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine