Can anorexia lead to heart problems?

Definitely yes. Anorexia can cause heart problems, which can be deadly. The heart is a strong muscle, but chronic starvation and malnutrition weakens the muscle. The patient can suffer low blood pressure or die of heart failure (heart is too weak to pump enough blood out). The blood chemicals are out of balance in anorexics and can cause slow heart rates and abnormal heart rates, which if severe, can be fatal.
Yes. Even after recovering from an eating disorder, women can suffer from heart disease and/or a heart failure. Like other muscles, the heart relies on protein to function properly, and becomes weaker if stressed with trying to function without proper nutrition. The physical stress of an eating disorder wears on every part of the body—and this vital muscle is no exception. Unfortunately, some people wh.