I used steriods for about ten years and I stoped gradually but since then I have lost weight?

Dr. can re-evaluate. Long-term illnesses are best cared for by a primary care doctor with an interest in the particular disease, and/or a specialist in the medical condition. Specialists can be found at university medical centers and at larger hospital medical centers. Long-term steroid (prednisone, etc.) use has complications, but so does long-term disease symptoms. Ongoing care with many follow-up visits is helpful.