I am a 51 yr old woman active..Good weight...Every now and again my knee will buckle up on me. Why?

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: I agree
This could be for a variety of reasons.
Acl deficiency, meniscus tear (acute vs. Chronic arthitis) or weakness can cause this. If this is inhibiting your activities of daily living you should see an orthopedist.

In brief: I agree
This could be for a variety of reasons.
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Mark Galland
Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Several causes
Knee buckling without pain can be caused by weakness in the muscles around the knee.
Some simple strengthening can help. If there is associated pain it can be coming from a meniscal tear or a tear of the acl(a ligament in the knee).

In brief: Several causes
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jane Van Dis