My doctor prescribed clonazepam 1mg to help with anxiety. Will it harm me to take 2mg tablet?

Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Need 2ask him

It is a safe drug but u need 2 let your dr prescribe.

In brief: Need 2ask him

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology

In brief: Clonazepam

should usually be taken twice a day in the lowest amount that works.
Occasionally it wears off after 10 hours and needs to be given three times a day. Higher doses (like 2 mg) increase the risk of cognitive impairment, respiratory depression and clinical depression. Changing the dose or schedule should be done under close supervision. Don't risk seizures by abrupt discontinuation / running out

In brief: Clonazepam

Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Eric Weisman
Dr. Ronan Monsef

In brief: No

Never change the dosage of a prescribed medication without informing your prescribing doctor. There's a reason you were prescribed that dosage.

In brief: No

Dr. Ronan Monsef
Dr. Ronan Monsef