What could a small crater-like growth on my penis be? It has been there for years. 

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology

In brief: See a dermatologist

It is very important to see a board certified dermatologist to have the lesion checked.
Any new or non-healing lesions could represent an std, wart or skin cancer. There are also some benign lesions that can occur on the penis. Your lesion has been there for years and I am assuming it has not changed over this time period. Regardless, please have it checked to be safe.

In brief: See a dermatologist

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Any number of things

Growths on the skin, especially in the genital areas, can be from many different causes.
Some are benign (non-serious) and others are more serious (warts, skin cancer, etc.) the only way to tell with certainty is to have this checked by your doctor.

In brief: Any number of things

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng