I am suddenly allergic to sunscreen, neutrogena brand.. What brand should I try?

Dr. Karen Han
Dermatology

In brief: Physical blocks

Depending on which neutrogena sunscreen you reacted to, the most common sun screen allergen is oxybenzone and its derivatives.
You can switch to a sunscreen that contain only physical blocks such as zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. Remember to reapply every 2 hours while in the sun.

In brief: Physical blocks

Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Karen Han
Dr. Michael P Vaughn
Neutrogena makes a sunscreen that patients are not typically sensitive to called helioplex.
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Vanicream

The vanicream brand of products were developed by a dermatologist at mayo clinic.
They have a sunscreen that lacks the usual compounds that trigger allergy. They are easily available and no need for prescription.

In brief: Vanicream

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Arlo Miller
If you still can't find a sunscreen that you don't react to, patch testing can help figure out what exactly you are allergic too