I felt a small bump around my right nipple what could this be? Should I contact my doctor?

A small bump near your nipple is likely to be a blocked sweat gland at the edge of the nipple, called a montgomery's gland.
But you do not want to miss something more serious such as a breast cancer. See your doctor promptly.

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Dr. Crystal Twynham
In brief: Doctor can examine
Lumps and bumps in the breast area are best examined by a doctor because of the possibility of breast cancer.
Teen boys and men can have breast buds (about 1/2 to 1 inch wide) under one or both nipples. Men can have breast cancer, but it is rare. Women with any breast symptoms must rule out cancer. Cysts of various sizes and locations can occur. X-rays and ultrasound scans can help diagnose lumps.

In brief: Doctor can examine
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology
Right away.

Right away.
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Harold Cotler
In brief: Call your doctor
It could be normal or a small cyst.
The only way to tell is to examine it in the office, so call your doctor for an appointment.

In brief: Call your doctor
It could be normal or a small cyst.
Dr. Harold Cotler
Dr. Harold Cotler
Dr. Jane Van Dis