What' the best martial arts for someone doesn't self-defend very well?

Dr. Steven Sheskier
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Aikido

"aikido is performed by blending with the motion of the attacker and redirecting the force of the attack rather than opposing it head-on.
This requires very little physical strength "(directly quoted from wikipedia).

In brief: Aikido

Dr. Steven Sheskier
Dr. Steven Sheskier
Dr. James Okamoto

In brief: It really depends.

It depends on "why" you don't think you self defend well.
Is it due to a disability, strength, agility, being overwt? It also depends on what is available in your area, because the quality of your instructor is often more important than the "art". Aikido takes a long time to master -for pure self defense, sometimes jeet kune do, or krav maga might suit you better. I would check several schools.

In brief: It really depends.

Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine