I went to cut right in wet grass and slipped, extending my leg and I heard a loud pop. Bad?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Could be bad.

A loud pop in the knee after a sudden movement (especially a pivot or cut) raises red flags for a ligament tear and/or meniscus injury.
If you didn't have any swelling, significant pain or instability in the knee after hearing the pop, i'd worry less. If you had swelling and pain right after the injury, see your family doctor! good luck!

In brief: Could be bad.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Yes, could be bad

The cutting injury you describe on a slippery surface is suspicious as a mechanism for a meniscal/cartilage tear or ligamentous injury within your knee.
A thorough history and physical examination by your physician will lead to a diagnosis and treatment plan.

In brief: Yes, could be bad

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine