I get severe period pain accompanied by loose stomach.I take synflex 500mg but it has also no effect?

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology

In brief: Dysmenorrhea

Pain with menses that is incapacitating, missing school or work, may be secumdary to a condition called endometriosis.
In the abscence of any physical findings i usually recommend bcp for at least 3 mo plus Naproxen if no improvement occurs then i move to recommend laparoscopy for the diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis. The loose stools are usually associated with IBS and will need antispamo.

In brief: Dysmenorrhea

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Loose stools with menses may be due to high prostaglandins and may respond to naproxen or ibuprofen
Dr. Adam Levy