If my testosterone is slightly low should I take meds even if I have no symptoms?

Dr. Robert Stuart

In brief: No

Testosterone treatment is inconvenient and expensive and should only be used in cases where symptomatic improvement can be expected.
There is the risk of side effects, possible increase in the risk of prostate cancer, and regular monitoring of blood tests and examinations are required. Often a borderline low value is related to stress, sampling (if the blood not drawn first thing in the morning).

In brief: No

Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Unknown

I would monitor for any symptoms for 6 months and then repeat the test to see if it goes up or down.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Steven Seres