Trying to conceive: does my weight affect my fertility?

Dr. Robert Stuart
Weight does affect fertility.
If you are a runner and are thin, and are not menstruating regularly, you may be infertile. Conversely, obesity can also result in infertility due to conversion of estrogen to testosterone in the fat tissues.

Weight does affect fertility.
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Robert Stuart
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
In brief: Too high or too low
If your weight is too high, your estrogen levels stay high, telling your brain not to trigger ovulation.
If your weight is too low, you also may not ovulate. Also, you want to be in the range of your ideal body mass index to have the safest pregnancy. I have written a book call tick tock which discusses many aspects of fertility based on my own experiences.

In brief: Too high or too low
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
In brief: Too thin
Most people don't realize that being "too thin" shuts off your pituitary and your body stops ovulating.

In brief: Too thin
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Dr. Jane Van Dis