My TSH is point 4 (.4) free T3 (liothyronine) is 2.3 free T4 is 1.0 reverse T3 (liothyronine) is 286. I take 200mcg levothyroxine. No enerdgy, hair falling out, weight gain?

Dr. Michael Rothman

In brief: Reverse T3 (liothyronine)

Normally yourt4 is deioidonated in your liver to T3 (liothyronine) to produce the active thyroid hormone.
However the presence of high cortisol, high estrogen or high Insulin impairs this process. Instead of making t3 (liothyronine), (liothyronine) your liver makes reverse t3 (liothyronine). The TSH and ft4 are nl b/c the thyroid itself works fine, it is the liver that is not ok. Pure T4 makes this worse, you need some T3 (liothyronine) supplentation.

In brief: Reverse T3 (liothyronine)

Dr. Michael Rothman
Dr. Michael Rothman