I have what I think is a boil or insect bite on my upper-nose near my eye. Suggestions?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology

In brief: Have it looked at

If it's worrisome to you, large, not improving, draining (discharge), red, elevated, painful, etc.
Should have it looked at since it might require treatment. If it's tiny, itchy, and improving, then doesn't sounds worrisome.

In brief: Have it looked at

Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Local treatments

Try warm compresses and local wound care: keep it clean with peroxide, then a small amount of antibiotic ointment and cover the wound.
If it doesn't get better within 7-10 days, have it checked out. Many skin cancers masquerade as a "boil" or "bug bite.".

In brief: Local treatments

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery