I have what I think is a boil or insect bite on my upper-nose near my eye. Suggestions?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology
In brief: Have it looked at
If it's worrisome to you, large, not improving, draining (discharge), red, elevated, painful, etc.
Should have it looked at since it might require treatment. If it's tiny, itchy, and improving, then doesn't sounds worrisome.

In brief: Have it looked at
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Local treatments
Try warm compresses and local wound care: keep it clean with peroxide, then a small amount of antibiotic ointment and cover the wound.
If it doesn't get better within 7-10 days, have it checked out. Many skin cancers masquerade as a "boil" or "bug bite.".

In brief: Local treatments
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Shontae Buffington