How do you get rid of toenail fungus?

In brief: At

My office we treat fungal nails with oral medication and we use laser which we find very effective.

In brief: At

Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger

In brief: Several ways

There are manytopical remedies, there is prescription antfungal memdication to take as a pill, thre is laser therapy.

In brief: Several ways

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Adam Ringler
Podiatry

In brief: Toenail fungus

Toenail fungus is very difficult to treat and there is nothing that works 100% of the time.
I usually described for possible treatment options to my patients: #1 topical creams and polish #2 removal of nail #3 oral antifungal medications, which may affect the liver and need to be monitored #4 laser nail treatment.

In brief: Toenail fungus

Dr. Adam Ringler
Dr. Adam Ringler

In brief: Medicine prescribed

For treatment of toenail fungus, a primary care doctor or a dermatologist (skin doctor) can evaluate and start medication.
Often, a culture (sample of the fungus) is taken to be tested at the lab. Oral anti-fungals are used. Sometimes, the dermatologist or podiatrist (foot doctor) will remove the bad toenail to let a new one grow in. Some podiatrists are using a laser to treat toenail fungus.

In brief: Medicine prescribed