What types of fat can I ingest before taking ribavirin tablets for less nausea and better absorption?

Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Popcorn

Is better for nausea.

In brief: Popcorn

Is better for nausea.
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. H Robert Silverstein
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Healthy fat is best

Technically any fats will improve absorption of Ribavirin and limit systemic side effects like nausea.
Common sense rules apply to these fats, as they would for any patient. That is, healthy fats are best, like those found in nuts. Many patients eat peanut butter with ribavirin. Another alternative are medium chain triglycerides (mcts). These are found in coconut oil, and are great fats.

In brief: Healthy fat is best

Dr. Joshua Davidson
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Dr. Bennett Werner
As a cardiologist, I have to chime in with my prejudice: coconut oil is a saturated fat (14 grams in 1 tbs!)(and not good for your heart. Monounsaturated fats like olive oil are the best. I totally agree with Dr. Davidson's suggestion for nuts which are heart healthy, tasty, and easy to eat. Peanut butter sounds good to me!
Dr. Adam Smith