When is it safe to smoke again after wisdom teeth removal?

Dr. Robert Fields
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Smoking n extraction

During the first 24 hours, a blood clot will form over the hole.
It is necessary to not dislodge this clot so you will not develop dry socket. You should not smoke or drink through a straw during the first 24 hours. These involved sucking actions and that could dislodge the clot. I would advise you to refrain from smoking for five days after your extractions. The nicotine can cause dry socket.

In brief: Smoking n extraction

Dr. Neil McLeod
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: After healing.

Cigarettes are not good for you, and they delay healing.
The effect of nicotinamides is to decrease the diameter of the blood vessels carrying nutrients to the site where healing is occurring by 80%, so delaying healing and often making it take five time longer to heal properly. So wait until you are healed. I strongly recommend that you do not smoke any more, there is much more at stake.

In brief: After healing.

In brief: Try to Stop

You need to stop for at least 24-36 hours.
Since you will have stopped, you should consider using this time to stop for the good of your health, reduce aging wrinkles, save money for other things, etc.

In brief: Try to Stop

Dr. Steven Seres