I often get pressure in my knee, and it's relieved by twisting my leg until it cracks. Is this safe?

Dr. Joel McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Probably
These types of symptoms are usually caused by patellofemoral catching.
The underneath surface of the knee cap experiences friction in the groove it sits in. This can just be increased friction between the cartilage surface, or occur because of irregularities or potholes in the cartilage surfaces. If it isn't painful it probably doesn't need any treatment except strengthening exercises.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Joel McClurg
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: It depends.
If the popping is coming from the kneecap joint, it may be normal.
However, if it is coming from internal derangement within the knee, then it may need to be addressed. See an orthopedic specialist, who can sort this out.

In brief: It depends.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Dr. William Forsythe