Small red dot on my nose, not a pimple, been there for 5 months. How do I get rid of it?

Dr. David Lee
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: See ENT or Derm Dr.

An ENT doctor or dermatologist would be in a position to do a formal evaluation to determine the cause of the red dot on your nose and determine the best treatment.

In brief: See ENT or Derm Dr.

In brief: Skin doc's like dots

Dermatologists like to look at dots on the skin.
For a small red dot on the nose, one can see a primary care doctor first, or go straight to a skin doctor. Reddish coloring usually means there is more blood flow to the spot. Dermatologists can use a laser to remove spots caused by tiny blood vessels (such as some birthmarks and "spider" hemagiomas), and can also talk about other treatments.

In brief: Skin doc's like dots