My dad has extreme fatigue after starting sertraline hydrochlrde (half tablet/day). Is this normal?

Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: No

Usually energizes--might try taking a couple hors before bed if doesn't improve talk to doc about another drug.

In brief: No

Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: Fatigue ?

How old is u dad? Sertraline can cause sedation until u body get used to , therefor most of the time i give it to my patient at bedtime.
Any how this can change after getting used to.

In brief: Fatigue ?

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: Could be a problem

A person with extreme fatigue, especially an elderly person taking several medications, needs an evaluation by his doctor. The person should bring all his medications in, to be sure that there are no pharmacy errors, to see if he is taking the correct doses, and to look for drug interactions.
A person can also get fatigue due to other serious medical reasons, not related to a new drug he started.

In brief: Could be a problem

Dr. Eric Weisman