I wake up feeling fine. Throughout the day my neck starts hurting and i get several sore "tender" spots on my head?!

Dr. Amin Ashrafzadeh
Ophthalmology

In brief: Careful position

Be careful in how you posture and position your body.
It is very likely that you are contouring your body in such a manner that is causing much difficulty and pain later in the day. Prolonged exposure like this can cause serious orthopedic injury.

In brief: Careful position

Dr. Amin Ashrafzadeh
Dr. Amin Ashrafzadeh
Dr. William Harris
You could be having tension headaches. Normally, these are whole-head, constant, headache pains that radiate into the neck. Often, these are caused by work stress. If there is any way you can reduce stress in your life, then these may bother you less. You may take Tylenol or Advil to help with your pain, but don't want to do that all of the time... In the big picture, you probably should be engaging in a regular range of motion and strengthening exercise program so that you will have the muscle tone generally to overcome any muscle strain or tension problem.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil