Is mild degenerative disc disease a permanent disability?

Disability . The question of disability is a difficult one. Disability is determined not by a specific disease, but instead by what a patient is able or unable to do. Mild degenerative disc disease can manifest in different ways. Based on the fact that it is mild, it is unlikely to cause symptoms that are severe enough for disability. However disability is determined by the patient's ability to perform activities and work. Determination of disability requires evaluation by your doctor.
Degenerative Disc. Degenerative disc disease typically does not cause a permanent disability. It sounds like this may have been an interpretation of an MRI that you had. Most discs in the spine will degenerate as we get older and do not necessarily cause pain and dysfunction.