My heart's been racing nonstop for months. Is there anything I can do to calm it down?

Dr. Kevin Nolan
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Heart racing
For starters your doctor can run an ekg (make a tracing of your heart rate and regularity).
He can then send you to a heart specialist if needed who direct the treatment for fast heart rates when needed.

In brief: Heart racing
Dr. Kevin Nolan
Dr. Kevin Nolan
In brief: Needs exam plus EKG
A person's heart rate speeds up and slows down (within a normal range for the person's age0 throughout the day, depending on his activities and emotions.
If a person feels he has a sustained rapid heart rate all day long, even when resting, then something is wrong. A doctor can examine him, check his ekg, and start treatment as needed. Several medical conditions cause rapid heart rates.

In brief: Needs exam plus EKG
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology