How to extend my mom's life? Metastases liver cancer at stage 4. My mom did surgery for breast cancer before. How to extend life besides treatment?

Pathology

In brief: Quality

If you want, you can look for aggressive treatment for her or getting her entered in a study.
It is her decision. I'd urge you to focus at this time on making her last months (or it may be years) matter. Remember the good times, seek healing if need be, stay involved with her and help her do and enjoy the things that are important to her. Add life to the time, more than time to the life. Bless you.

In brief: Quality

Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery

In brief: Treatment

I recommend you speak with your oncology team about options.
You may also want to get a 2nd opinion at a university based hospital. Chemotherapy and/or hormonal therapy will be the most likely options offered to her. This depends on how much metastasis is present.

In brief: Treatment

Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Regina Hampton
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Oncologist

You need to work with an oncologist to determine the treatment options.
There is nothing you can do without treatment other than comfort and nutrition.

In brief: Oncologist

Dr. Ryan Stanton
Dr. Ryan Stanton
Dr. Adam Levy