Could arthritis in my spine cause pain in my hips and knees?

Dr. Andrew Carroll

When you have joint abnormalities in one place, you tend to compensate in other joints which then leads to abnormal wear and tear in other locations.
Also, arthritis in one spot can indicate you are at risk in other places. Remain active, keep your weight down, and enjoy activity.

Dr. Andrew Carroll
Dr. Andrew Carroll
Dr. Ario Kiarash
May also have referred pain in the extremities as a result of arthritic spurs in your spine.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: At your age unlikely

But you may have a systemic arthritic disorder that is affecting multiple joints so you need to see a physician for an evaluation.

In brief: At your age unlikely

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine