In the back left of my head i feel a vein pulsing quickly, much faster than my heartbeat for 10-15 sec. 2-3x a day for the past 3 days. What is it?

Dr. Christopher Hove
Facial Plastic Surgery
In brief: Not a vessel
A blood vessel (either vein or artery) cannot pulsate any more quickly than your heart.
So what you are experiencing is more likely a muscle twitching or spasm. Yes, there are muscles in the back of the head- try raising your eyebrows, and you will likely feel the back of your head tightening too. This is not likely worrisome, but if it persists, call your primary doctor.

In brief: Not a vessel
Dr. Christopher Hove
Dr. Christopher Hove
Dr. Richard Sanders
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Hard to say
Could be a vein under the scalp or could be muscle spasm.

In brief: Hard to say
Dr. Richard Sanders
Dr. Richard Sanders
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology