How do I get my father to stop waking up at night and peeing in the closet? Clothes pins? 

In brief: Take Dad to a doctor
A person concerned about his father's nighttime urination in the closet should take dad to see a primary care doctor and a urologist.
Possible issues include: does dad get a full bladder several times at night due to blockage; is the blockage a big prostate or prostate cancer; does dad have some dementia and doesn't know where the toilet is; plus what other medical conditions going on?

In brief: Take Dad to a doctor
Dr. Patrick Melder
A parasomnia should be considered as well - being seen by a sleep specialist is a good start.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine