I think I had the pertussis shot a couple years ago but not sure. Is it bad to get it again?

Dr. David Finke

In brief: No

We don't think so and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
Dtap is for kids and tdap is for adults to be re-vaccinated. What we are finding is that the protection to pertussis fades away as we get older. As a result of this and children not being immunized, rates of pertussis infection last year reached rates of the 1960's. Caregivers for small babies should definitely receive booster.

In brief: No

Dr. David Finke
Dr. David Finke

In brief: TdaP

Years ago the pertussis vaccine had so many uncomfortable side effects that we never gave it after 6, even though we knew teens and adults could get sick with it and pass it to babies.
Today's TdaP is the preparation we give to preteens and adults to help them maintain immunity that would otherwise weaken.There is no contraindication to getting it several times as an adult.I got another last year

In brief: TdaP

Dr. Shontae Buffington