Why is my right hand often swollen when I wake up? It's not numb/tingling and i've had no injuries.

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

In brief: Positioning

This is probably due to positioning, that is to say you maybe sleeping on that hand.
Try to change your sleeping position and see if that helps.

In brief: Positioning

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard

In brief: Maybe vein's blocked

A person who goes to bed fine but wakes up with a swollen right hand but a normal left hand, on repeated occasions, has an interesting problem worthy of a doctor's evaluation.
Maybe the veins draining blood from the r hand or arm are compressed or somehow blocked during sleep. Maybe the nerves to the r hand are malfunctioning and signaling the arteries to let more blood flow to the r hand.

In brief: Maybe vein's blocked

Dr. Steven Seres