How can I make sure not to gain too much weight in pregnancy?

In brief: Keep track.

Weigh yourself weekly and aim to gain 1/2 to 1 pound per week.
The doctor weighs you at each visit, but we sometimes see patients gain 12-15 pounds in a month and not realize it. If your weight is going up too fast, keep a food diary. That helps control portions as well as ensure you are choosing only the healthiest foods for yourself and your baby.

In brief: Keep track.

Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Katherine Sutherland
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Diet and exercise.

Follow weight watchers and exercise daily.

In brief: Diet and exercise.

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Diet and Exercise

Be sure to keep up an active fitness routine, transitioning to yoga, swimming and walking late in pregnancy if you need to.
Listen to your ob's recommendations on heart rate maximums. Weekly meal planning is essential to healthy eating. I suggest aggregating healthy recipes from epicurious and rolling up into a weekly shopping list. Enjoy this time eating for your baby!

In brief: Diet and Exercise

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Exercise and Diet

In brief: Exercise and Diet

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge