Can tight glutes cause lower back pain that feels like nerve pain?

Not likely. The gluteus muscles don't impact the spinal cord enough to cause discitis symptoms. If you have nerve symptoms you should see your doctor. Could be you have a disc problem from working out too vigorously. On the other hand over extended glutes can cause back pain.
It is possible that. Tightness of musculature can affect mobility of pelvis and lower back leading to abnormal stresses that can then lead to lower back pain.