I have bunion growing on my right foot and i'm starting to get some pain. How do I manage this?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Wider shoes/supports
Bunions are structural deformities that are progressive.
Improving foot function can help slow the progression of the defromity. As a rule: the thicker soled, stiffer shoe with good/extra support is best. Dr l.

In brief: Wider shoes/supports
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Selene Parekh
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Bunions
Initially, you can manage this with wider shoes, lower heels and a splint at night.
When the pain increases, the big toes hits the second toe, or the lesser toes start curling, you should contemplate surgery.

In brief: Bunions
Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Selene Parekh
Dr. Shaym Puppala
In brief: Conservatively,first
Surgery is more successful than conservative measures, but generally is done only if such measures fail.
Such measures can include wearing orthotics or wide shoes with a low heel, performing stretching exercises to keep the joint loose, keeping a pad on the bunion to protect it, using night splints designed for bunions, applying ice to it for a few minutes after activity, and using nsaids.

In brief: Conservatively,first
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Peter Kurzweil