After open ventral hernia repair will I have to stay in the hospital and if so for how long?

Not necessarily. Extent of pain, hospital stay is very variable depending on the size of the hernia and the manner in which it is repaired. Some patients can be treated as same-day surgery, but some willl require significant pain management and monitoring.
Depends/likely. The size or the hernia, and the contents of the hernia sac (bowel stuck in the hernia sac) will impact the repair and the recovery. It is common for open ventral hernia patients to stay in the hospital a few days until their bowels regain function.
Usually. It depends how extensive the operation is. Some take 45 minutes, some take 6-7 hours. I hope the operation goes well, and you will have to ask your surgeon. Just call the office, they will be happy to help you.