I hear loud crashes, explosions, and voice chatter when falling asleep & when awake. What is this?

A sign to go see Dr. If a person hears noises and voices that are not really there, they are called auditory hallucinations. One should be sure they are not real noises, such as a neighbor's tv set. Any person with hallucinations should pack up any medicines or supplements he uses, and go see his doctor for a full evaluation. It would be wise to have a reliable friend or relative drive him to his appointment.