Swollen right eye, twice after taking nsaids. Am I allergic to them? I was not before!

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Swollen right eye
Unilateral swelling is not often related to an allergic issue but it is possible.
If it persists, you should see an eye doctor.

In brief: Swollen right eye
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Possibly
The question is why were you taking the nsaids in the first place.
Viral or bacterial infections can cause angioedema -- swelling/redness of the head/neck area, or it can be a combination of infection + nsaid. Other times, nsaids can randomly cause the reaction you describe, even if you've taken them in the past. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is the safest pain medication to take in this case, up to 500mg generally.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Dr. Steven Seres