Why do I get a a cramping pain in my anus sometimes? 

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Spasm

Of the anal muscles can be due to a fissure or other inflammation in the anus.
Hi fiber diet but more importantly hi fluid intake up to 80-100 ounces of caffeine free/alcohol free fluid to maintain a soft bm but not so soft that it loses its form. I would avoid spicy food and acidic food such as any tomato based products. Then you should see a colorectal surgeon for a proper evaluation.

In brief: Spasm

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Yash Khanna
I agree it may be a fissure or inflammation,if the diet recommended does not work see a specialist.You may be helped with local nitroglycerine and /or botox injections.
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Spasms

The anal sphincter, the group of muscles that open and close the anus, are no different than other muscles of the body in that they can spasm when irritated.
In addition to a avoiding spices, one should also maintain a diet high in fiber to keep stools soft and regular. Be sure to see you doctor if the symptoms continue, as there can be other causes as well.

In brief: Spasms

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine