In the years that I take an annual flu-shot, I don't get common cold too. Is there a link ?

Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: No
The influenza vaccine is specific for the influenza virus and its strains.
The common cold is usually due to rhinovirus, and often other viruses. If one contracts the influenza virus, s/he will be much more ill than with the common cold.

In brief: No
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
In brief: Vaccine prevents flu
The influenza vaccine is formulated each year to protect against the strains of influenza that are likely to cause problems that year. There are many other viruses that cause colds that are not protected against by the flu vaccine, so, sadly, you may still get a cold or series of colds during the flu season.
To reduce your risk, keep yourself healthy, eat a good diet, and get rest and exercise!

In brief: Vaccine prevents flu
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine