Tooth ache after cavity filling?

Toothache. It's not uncommon to have sensitivity following the placement of a filling, especially to cold. If it aches on it's own it might indicate that the bite needs to be adjusted. The greater the intensity, frequency ; duration of the ache, the more likely it might require root canal therapy. See your dentist asap for an evaluation of the tooth. It might be a quick simple fix or something more serious!
Dentist can recheck. A dentist can re-evaluate a tooth if there is pain after a cavity filling. The dentist can see if there is an infection or some other reason for the pain. An endodontist can check for problems with the root of the tooth, and give an opinion on whether a root canal is needed. Meanwhile, the pain medicine recommended by one's dentist, or over-the-counter pain medicine, can help with the ache.
See the dentist... Perhaps the filling is too high and is supporting your bite too much. Perhaps something else is going on. Your dentist knows the most about this tooth. Please try to get assistance from the treating dentist. Perhaps the filling needs a slight adjustment?
Go back to dentist. Probably the cavity was close to the nerve of the tooth. Usually the sensitivity will resolve. If not then a root canal may be needed. However, have your dentist evaluate the tooth.
Possible. After a filling, a tooth may hurt from the trauma from removing decay, or the bite needs to be adjusted. Go back to your dentist to have it checked.