Show I take whey protein before I exercise or after or both?

Dr. Jason Boyer
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: After

Most nutrition experts recommend protein within 30 minutes of finishing a workout to help muscle recovery.
The correct ratio of protein, carbs and water can speed recovery and protect muscle tissue after a workout.

In brief: After

Dr. Jason Boyer
Dr. Jason Boyer

In brief: Why take processed..

...Protein at all? Just eat healthy meals, pre-exercise meals should be higher in carbs (not sugar), but all daily meals and snacks should be balanced and contain carbs, proteins, and good fats.
An egg white has 10 or so grams of protein at a fraction of the cost of a protein shake.

In brief: Why take processed..

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine