Will it hurt my baby if I got pregnant while on birth control?

Dr. Mark Sacher
Pain Management
In brief: No
You should not have gotten pregnant on birth control pills taken daily.
If you did get pregnant it should not effect you on the pill. Some medications can affect the liver which can decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills and make them less effective and you can possibly get pregnant.

In brief: No
Dr. Mark Sacher
Dr. Mark Sacher
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: Conception on OCP's
Currently available "birth control pills" have a 1% to 5% contraceptive failure rate (depending on the specific brand of pill), and is contraindicated in pregancy - the pill should be discontinued after a positive pregnancy test.
Short term use early in pregnancy, as commonly happens until the pregnancy is diagnosed, is not associated with any specific harm to the developing fetus.

In brief: Conception on OCP's
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Jonathan Jassey