I broke my right collarbone 3 months ago. Should I remove the plate or not, and if yes, when. ?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Plate is unusual
The clavicle is the most common fractured bone in the body.
Vast majority of time it requires a sling, immobilizing shoulder, pain control, then some physical therapy. If a plate is needed, probably needs to be there at least six months, but that is orthopedic (which I am not) assessment who did the surgery.

In brief: Plate is unusual
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Not necessary
Generally, when a plate or rod is inserted for fracture healing, it does not need to be removed unless it is causing a problem, such as protruding, pain, loosening, etc.
Best to consult with your orthopedic surgeon, preferably the one who did the original surgery.

In brief: Not necessary
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Adam Smith