I have been experiencing violent coughs in the morning to a point where I want to throw up.?

Dr. Claude Parola
In brief: Check for pertussis
Whooping cough or pertussis may present as violent cough, have you ever received tdap vaccine, check with your doctor, however other causes of cough may include asthma, acid reflux, post nasal drip.

In brief: Check for pertussis
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Claude Parola
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Possibilities...
This could be due to bronchospasm, gerd, post-nasal drip or a combination of these diagnoses.
You need to see your doctor as all of these have different treatments. If you smoke, you need to quit today to decrease inflammation in your airways.

In brief: Possibilities...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine