How can I avoid pimples that never go away? They seem to encapsulate and become permanent. 

See a dermatologist. After exhausting basic skin care such as soap and water and over the counter acne alcohol pads, i would see a dermatologist. You may need to try Doxycycline or even retin a (tretinoin) to help if its severe. Good luck.
See a dermatologist. There are multiple forms of acne and several types of skin problems that can look like acne. You should see a dermatologist for evaluation & treatment, as some forms of acne-like lesions can be associated with other problems.