I occasionally get a tight feeling on both sides of my neck. Tested thyroid. What else could it be?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: HEART DISEASE

This certified internist since 1974, who has had over 1/4 million adult patient-encounters, 'senses' heart problem. As I have said, it is in the nuances and subtleties of the history by a experienced clinician wherein lies the answer to 'what is it, doc?'.
I know nothing about you, but 'tight' and 'both sides of neck' worries me. See an internist or cardiologist...Now.

In brief: HEART DISEASE

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Craig Morton
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

There are several joints and intervertebral discs in the neck.
These can wear out over time leading to pain. Degeneration of the joints or discs can cause neck pain, headaches, and shoulder pain. Sometimes a disk can compress the nerves in your neck causing shoulder or arm pain. You can also get burning and numbness. See your physician to get a definitive diagnosis

In brief: See below

Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Arnon Rubin